New show hut open!Posted: 5th November 2012
Congratulations to the Alwinton Border Shepherds' Show on the opening of their new show hut. The new structure, funded by a grant from Northumberland National Park Sustainable Development Fund, replaces the original hut which was bought from the War Office in 1952 for £80.
Timber for the hut was donated by the Forestry Commission Northern England, harvested by Egger and sent to A&J Scott for cutting and treatment. Egger also supplied the chipboard to construct the interior walls.
Here's hoping the new hut lasts longer than the previous model!
Our picture shows the band playing at the hut's official opening. For more information on Alwinton Show, click here.