As a dynamic business we recruit new staff regularly. Details of vacancies will be posted here.
Please apply in writing to:
The Personnel Manager, A & J Scott Ltd, Station Sawmills, Wooperton, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 4XW.
Sales and Marketing Executive
In response to the growth of the business over recent years and in line with our growth plans, we are recruiting for the newly created roles of Sales and Marketing Executive.
- Day to day management of customer accounts.
- Achieving financial and volume based sales targets.
- Target and develop new accounts.
- Plan and execute all aspect of Marketing strategy to support sales plan.
- Evaluating and executing marketing campaigns
- Develop and maintain CRM within existing business system.
- Market research
- Updating Company website, social media other promotional activities
- Develop Promotional literature and writing press releases
- Previous experience in sales and marketing is essential
- Ability to use databases and Microsoft Office Software will be an advantage
- Organisational skills
Working at our office at Wooperton, near Alnwick. Salary negotiable depending on experience, an attractive package is available for the right candidate.
Maintenance Engineer & Maintenance Electrician
A & J Scott Ltd are looking to recruit a multi-skilled maintenance engineer on permanent night shift at its highly mechanised sawmill situated between Alnwick and Wooler.
We are seeking a mechanically biased person, but the ability to fault find on electrical equipment such as PLC’s, motor drives and inverters would be an advantage.
The company operates on a 2 shift basis and 4-on 4-off shift patterns so you will need the ability to work on your own, with a positive, can-do attitude. You should have served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and worked a minimum of 5 years in a similar position. Experience of planned preventative maintenance and exposure to lean manufacturing would be an advantage but not essential.
We are also seeking an electrician, with experience in medium voltage systems and the ability to fault find on electrical equipment such as PLC’s, motor drives and inverters. You should have served a recognised electrical apprenticeship or be educated to at least C&G Level 3 qualification, or HNC / BTEC National Certificate in electrical engineering and worked a minimum of 5 years in a similar position.