This is a newly created full time role to oversee the yard sales operations within the business. The company sells its products to a diverse range of trade customers nationwide, as well sales from the yard in Northumberland to local contractors and retail customers. With yard sales growing, there is now a requirement for a dedicated person to oversee this part of the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on, dynamic individual to develop a high profile side of the business and build relationships with local customers. Progression to national sales will be available.
Duties will include:
- Yard sales
- Manage yard sales to local contractors, farmers & walk-in customers
- Responding to telephone & email enquiries, providing pricing and lead time info
- Overseeing complete transactions: agreeing orders with customers, order processing on computer system, ordering/dispatch/payment/invoicing, loading or overseeing loading of orders.
- Manage yard sale stock
- Liaise with production department re. ordering and stock levels
- Customer Care
- Responding to customer enquiries, liaising with production/transport/sales colleagues
- Responding to new enquiries where appropriate, collating information and liaising with sales colleagues
- Assisting with development/management of customer/sales databases
- Day to day management of selected accounts, agreeing orders, lead times etc
- Assisting with daily tasks in sales/transport office – checking delivery paperwork, haulage details, checking invoices etc as required by colleagues
Additional areas of responsibility:
- Office/yard based
- Build good working relationships to understand the needs of customers
- Identify business opportunities through research into market activities, customers and competitors, including for non timber products.
- Generate leads through calls/emails/meetings
- Present the company’s products and services professionally
- Negotiate prices, delivery and specifications
- Record sales order information
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, confident and determined approach
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good level of numeracy
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
- Driving licence, forklift licence would be an advantage but not essential.
- Previous sales experience would be beneficial, as would some knowledge of the timber and or / agricultural sectors in Northumberland, although training will be provided.